Sunday 18 November 2012

Cornflour and Water Activity

As part of my work placement I was required to do an activity that was fun activity for the children at my placement. I chose to do a cornflour and water activity. When combining the two makes a weird and gooey texture, as seen as the picture above. The product goes from a hard solid to a soft liquid goo if just left in your hand or not fiddled with. 

This meant that the children were able to see and feel all the different textures as it went from solid to liquid and also went from hard to soft. I was able to get a lot of vocab out of the children and was able to also start getting different reactions out of different children and even got some of the child who do not like to get messy at all to get involved. 

It was a really good experience not only for me but all the staff and children and due to this, the activity was kept out for another day and played with quite well for a second day.

To make it more interesting I added bits and piece to make it set in a Arctic Scene, such as I added Polar Bears, Penguins, White Lego Pieces and little arts and crafts bits and bobs to just include different materials and things for the children to explore with.

 I believe I met all my lesson objectives that I wanted to and all the children really enjoyed it. This is by far one of the best and fun activities that I have seen and done in a long time.

 I would recommend this to anyone and any aged children as everyone loved it, even the other adults. A tip for making it more interesting for the child would be add food colouring and make it more colourful and eye catching! :)

The video link below shows you some of the fun you can have with this activity and some more details about the mixture:


  

No comments:

Post a Comment